Teacher Enrichment Grant
A TMTA Teacher Enrichment Grant of up to $2,000 annually is available for music teachers who are members of a local association and TMTA. The grant will be awarded at the discretion of the TMTA Trustees.
A teacher may qualify for the grant if he/she:
- Is presently teaching and needs funding to further his/her ability to obtain a music degree; or
- Needs funding to establish or upgrade a studio; or
- Desires to attend a music enrichment event such as a conference or workshop.
Submit a typed document with the following information:
- A description of your musical education and qualification.
- A brief outline of your current work in music, instruments taught, number of students regularly taught, etc.
- An explanation of your plan of study or studio establishment/upgrade and how it will contribute toward your career goals.
- A precise statement of finances needed to meet the costs of the projected course of study or studio establishment/upgrade.
In addition, submit two letters of recommendation from colleagues.
TMTA Teacher Enrichment Grant process:
- Any prior recipient or current voting member of the TMTA Board is NOT eligible for the award.
- The decision of determining the winner(s) of the grant shall be made by TMTA Trustees.
- The winner(s) will be announced at the TMTA Convention.
- Grant recipients are requested to submit a report to the TMTA Trustees detailing the use of funds.
Deadline: February 1